- Unity Architectural visualization in Virtual reality Hello,
I am an undergraduate student and currently working as a 3D artist .
I am trying to make an Architectural visualization in Virtual reality using unity. and my device is HTC vive .
Currently i am stuck in a point. am trying to change any object texture in play mode.
But I can't find any clue or tutorial .
I saw ""VR MATERIAL MANAGER "" but i can't use that so that i am searching for any other wat to do that.
- Hand grab animation with Vive triggers So basically I'm trying to figure out how to animate the players hand models when you press the trigger on a vive controller. Depending on how far down the trigger is pressed, the more "clenched" the hand will be. I figured the best approach would be to get the axis value of the trigger input by setting it to a float, and setting a float parameter in the animator for the hand animation, however I can't seem to get this working. Both hand models are also rigged.
- Can’t attach HoloLens to Unity for remote debugging or profiling When running a Unity application on HoloLens, 'Attach Unity Debugger' in Visual Studio gives me only the Editor in the 'Select Unity Instance' dialog, with no players. As a result I can't do any script debugging of a running app, nor monitor its performance. Opening the Profiler window also fails to find the running player instance. This is something new for me - using .Net Scripting backend and Unity 2017.x.x, remote debugging always worked. This has started since I tried to move to the...
Can't attach HoloLens to Unity for remote debugging or profiling
- Rotate CameraRig based on Oculus Controller Rotation I was trying to access the rotation of the Oculus controller so that i can rotate the Player Rig to create an illusion that world is rotating. I am using SteamVR, so my code will look when i access the rotation of a right hand controller int rightInd...
- Access cubemap of ARKit environment texture?? I need to access the textures that make up the cubemap generated by ARKit's environment/reflection probe. I can do this successfully in non-ARKit scenes by doing this:Code (CSharp):
- Cubemap cm = reflectionProbe.customBakedTexture;
- Color colors = cm.GetPixels(CubemapFace.NegativeX);
- Texture2D tex = new Texture2D(256, 256);
- //do something with tex (apply to a Material, RawImage, whatever...)
Access cubemap of ARKit environment texture??
- Oculus Go controller mapping I've searched and searched and was unable to find how the Oculus Go controller maps to the built in controls in Unity (i.e. edit->project settings->input).
What I did was assign each button/axis to a named control of the button/axis name (i.e. "joystick button 0" = "button 0" and "joystick axis X" = "axis 1"). Then put it in a text mesh so I could see the values for each.
What I've found is:
Trigger = button 15 (its also an axis but returns only 1 or 0, nothing in-between)
Back = button 7...
Oculus Go controller mapping
- Camera sometimes starts at floor level – 2018.2.13 On launch, the camera will sometimes start at the floor level, i.e. y == 0.... This is inconsistent to reproduce but happens fairly frequently. Tracking wise, the device should be in a good state. When launching the app from the Windows cliff house, th...
- Steam Store Published VR Game support for Oculus Touch and HTC Vive Hi All, How do YOU do this, I guess I am asking is what ideal solution, with least amount of problems? Do you do a single build for both and within the game detect which device is connected and load corresponding settings etc..? Or do you do two se...
- [Tracked controllers] Issue with momentum loss on dropping objects I'm having an issue with interacting with objects. If I try to pick up and toss them, they freeze, and then fall with gravity, rather than continue it's path due to montum. I've tested this in a basic scene just to make sure there's nothing from my game interfering.
I have the ViveController, with a trigger collider attach to the target cube with a rigid body, via a fixed joint.
When I "let go" the breakforce is set to 0. AFAIK the target cube should continue with it's momentum. If there...
Issue with momentum loss on dropping objects
- Google daydream store Hello i want to get some information about how can i make my daydream game shown in the first page of google daydream store, should i advertise my game or google has a another criteria of ranking daydream apps and games, i made lot of searchs about thi...
- Vuforia camera always set to 0,0,0 Hello all, Why is the Vuforia camera transform points of position and rotation not updating in real time scene? Code (CSharp): cam.transform.localPosition is always (0,0,0) in the application. Why is it not updating? How do I update it in real...
- Hololens 2 Hello, I will have soon a AR project in my hands. The initial idea was to do it with the original hololens(hololens 1 ? ) but Microsoft stopped selling it at their store so we waited for them to announce hololens 2. My biggest fear right now is when U...
- Unity ARKit Plugin Raycast with a Ray Hi Guys,
I want to achieve something similar like ARCore's raycast method which takes an arbitrary ray in world space coordinates instead of a screen-space point:
I know ARFoundation has a method like this, but I have to use UnityARKitPlugin.
I see ARKit itself has not that method like I want, but in any way maybe someone has an idea!
- Just the basics… on a Mac At home I have a decent PC running Windows. But I also have a (brand new) macbook pro. I know I can't expect amazingly lovely beautiful fast smooth VR using my HTC Vive on my MBP. But is there a way, without buying an EGPU, to just get the basics? I mean I currently want to build a plain room and put a button in it that I can push with the vive controller. If I could do that, and run it at say 60fps - I would be happy. When I make it (laugh) production level I can run it from the PC but from...
Just the basics... on a Mac
- Markerless AR fix object at the position hello all,
From the link provided below, the character moves when the phone is moved along with it. Is it possible to fix the character's position in the scene? How do I achieve it?