Forums

• Hololens and Unity 2018.x Does unity 2018.x (any release) work with hololens? Previously trying to build from 2018.1 would cause UWP errors. Would really like to upgrade to take advantage of many new features including new SRP!
  • This problem makes me mad error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/Internal/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

I move (C:/Program...

This problem makes me mad
  • Throwable script from SteamVR makes game objects disappear Hi guys,

I'm in dire need of your help.. Upon adding throwable script to my game object, they disappear in the 'game view' but are visible in scene view.
    I'm working with HTC Vive and I've got my basic teleport area on a plane, teleporting and player script imported into the hierarchy.
    I can't seem to find what's causing this but I really do want to find out...

Thanks!
  • Canvas with screen space overlay and VR Hey guys,

i've got a little problem with a canvas with screen space overlay in VR Mode for stereo displays. I'm using multiple stereo projector and rear projection walls (CAVE Setup). And of couse the projector's projection area is larger then the rear projection wall. To prevent that one projector projects its image onto a wrong rear projection wall i'm using a canvas with screen space overlay thats hold an image thats adds a black border onto the display.

At the moment the overlay works...

Canvas with screen space overlay and VR
  • How to change Hololens KeywordRecognizer’s language? Hello.

I was wondering wether is it possible or not to change Hololens KeywordRecognizer's language, which by default is english.

In case it is possible, does anyone know how to achieve that?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
  • Mixed results with ground plane I have set up an augmented reality project in unity 3d using the vuforia ground plane feature. I have a 3d mesh that needs to be augmented using the ground plane feature. The problem I am having is that I am getting mixed results with the feature. I ...
  • All Unity VR Samples for Google Cardboard (Tutorial & Download) Convert Unity VR Samples to Google Cardboard: "The Flyer" game for Google Cardboard: "The Maze" game for Google Cardboard: "Shooter 360" game for Google Cardboard:
  • How to export from Unity to USDZ File Format ? Does the new file format "USDZ" (from Pixar USD") of Apple can be generate from Unity ?

I tried with https://github.com/unity3d-jp/USDForUnity and zip the export file.... but this file can't be read by IOS12 beta 2 ....

Thanks for your advices !
  • Most stable version of Unity / Daydream SDK? Hello! I am going to be starting a Daydream project soon, and I was wondering if there is a version of Unity that works best with the Daydream, or should I just go with the latest?
  • Cannot turn off VR Supported in settings This seems rather odd, but for some reason I'm not able to disable VR support in the player settings tab.

When I click on the checkbox, the setting remains checked. Is there anything else I need to do before hand?

Thanks,
  • Align AR perpendicular gravity? Hey guys,

The title pretty much says it. I am currently using an Image Anchor to to launch a large scale AR overlay (100m x 50m), and what i'm finding is that slight variations in the Image Target's detected orientation make the AR skew drastically as you move farther away from the target. So, i realized that i really only need the Image Target for its position and its rotation about the Y axis. Rotation about the X and Z axis I would like to be fixed based on the detected orientation of...

Align AR perpendicular gravity?
  • Vuforia failed to initialize… So this seems to be a common error with more than one cause http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37950316/vuforia-failed-to-initialize-on-android-l https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/qcar-api/failed-initialize-vuforia My application runs fine in the ed...
  • Implementing Daydream Keyboard Hi there, I am attempting to implement the daydream keyboard into an app built in unity and am not able to get this to work. I have added the keyboard prefab as a sibling of the main camera and added two input fields with the onpointerclick function a...
  • How do create a multiplayer VR scene with Oculus? I want to develop an environment where up to 4 different players using their VR headsets can connect into one scene simultaneously, ideally 4 players.

I did some research and found two packages on the Unity store called 'multiplayer VR kit paintball' and instantVR edge that unfortunately only support the HTC vive with its SteamVR plugin. However I don't have a HTC Vive, only a Oculus Rift.

Is it difficult to set up multiplayer within VR in Unity using the Oculus? What tutorials can I...

How do create a multiplayer VR scene with Oculus?
  • VRTK Grab parent object or child object Hello,

I'm using VRTK (with Unity) for a personal project on the HTC Vive. I'm currently working on adding guns in my game.

Here is my issue:

I have a rifle object in my game which is made out of several parts (children): grip, scope, magazine, etc.

I'd like to be able to grab the whole rifle from any part (child), except the magazine: if I move the rifle, the magazine should stay attached and follow along. Besides, I'd like to be able to grab the magazine independently of the rifle and...

VRTK Grab parent object or child object