- Model Targets in Unity 2017.3 I already posted this in the Vuforia forums, but that place always seems dead, I'm sure I'll have more luck here.
There seems to be an issue with the model target generator app for 2017.3.
The model target sample scene ( with the lunar module) correctly displays its 2d guide view.
However, generating a new dataset ( all the regular steps, import unity package, add new database, activate it, disable the sample one, set up model target with the right database) seems to be working. On play,...
Model Targets in Unity 2017.3
- Issue with baked GI. Looks good in editor, lots of artifact in build. Hi, Im bringing a game I did for Windows mixed reality. I want to bake lights and shadows in each scene so it runs better, but I'm having issues with baked GI. I am using subtractive lighting mode with mixed directional light. In the editor everything looks good, when I build the apk, there is a lot of artifact that moves when camera (head) is moving. I also enabled generate lightmap uv on each model I am using in that scene.
This is what I see when I run the apk....
Issue with baked GI. Looks good in editor, lots of artifact in build.
- Render capabilities in AR Hello guys, I am in a VFX industry and I am extremely new to unity. I am not sure about the limitation of mobile rendering of a animated 3d character in unity. I will really appreciate if someone can shed some light on it. I am looking into making a A...
- Oculus Touch Controller Side Trigger Stops Working After First Test Hey everyone,
I'm building a program in Unity 18.1.4f. A possibly important note is that I started building the game in Unity 17.4.2f2 and updated Unity and the brought the game up to the current version as well. Over the past week or so I've found that when I test my game, the side trigger will work the first time and I will be able to grab things. If I end the test and then run another test, the side trigger on both controllers is no longer responsive. Restarting Unity makes the side...
Oculus Touch Controller Side Trigger Stops Working After First Test
- How to check ARKit world tracking quality Hello! I am running into an issue where players are using my AR app in poorly lit environments and having really bad experiences due to ARKit not being able to keep its orientation accuracy. Is there a way I can retrieve some sort of tracking quality...
- How to de-register a targeted in a daqri app, after it was found so I can reuse it. Good day,
I am working on a Daqri application. What the app does it searches for a marker and activate tasks and when the user presses finish it should return to scanning. And search for the same marker and repeat the same tasks.
But when I re-scan at the moment it says "The target 'C:/Users/Dondoo Studios/Desktop/Daqri Unity Project/Assets/StreamingAssets/3ybml_small.png' is already registered.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)". Meaning I can't re-scan the same marker.
How to de-register a targeted in a daqri app, after it was found so I can reuse it.
- Google ARCore Rendering Issue I set up the Google ARCore example project the other day and I was able to run the HelloAR scene fine. Yesterday however, I tried to run it again and I'm getting some bizarre rendering problems. It appears to be rendering multiple times in various mirror states, which change depending on orientation. The point cloud dots aren't being cleared every frame, making weird symmetrical lines everywhere. The real world isn't displayed apart from some smudges that might be the camera trying to...
Google ARCore Rendering Issue
- Arkit 2.0 Disable Vertical Planes Has anyone else experienced (with the arkit 2.0 beta) the vertical planes still being enabled despite plane detection being set to 'None' or 'Horizontal' only? Has something changed in the recent update of Arkit?
I have noticed a 'remotearworldconfiguration' item (or similarly named) gets spawned into any unity scenes containing the arcameramanager script which seems to directly interfere despite me not being able to find anywhere to prevent it from being spawned.
- Hololens and the new Shader Graph Hi, I was wondering if the new Shader Graph in Unity 2018.1 will work in Hololens? I am unable to compile the project for Hololens if I start a new project in any template mode but 3D? Am I missing something or is it how it should be? Thanks, A Unity User
- WebXR Weekend Challenge 29 June – July 1, 2018 – 680 Folsom, San Francisco, CA 94107 Are you interested in designing and developing immersive web based applications? Are you a coder or non-coder with a great idea that uses web based virtual or augmented reality technology? WebXR Weekend Challenge is a 48 hour contest for expanding w...
- SteamVR, Canvases, RenderTextures, Oh My I have an existing (traditional display) scene I'm trying to create in the Vive. In the traditional scene, there are two cameras: the main camera and a second "effects" camera attached to it. The second effects camera captures a similar view to the main camera. The effects camera runs what it captures (a few objects and a camera-space canvas) though a bunch of shaders, including one that crops to a region of interest, and then ultimately out to a RenderTexture. That mostly transparent...
SteamVR, Canvases, RenderTextures, Oh My
- Unity beta 5.4.0f2 “OpenVR failed initialization “ Hi there!
I get this error message every time I open Unity with Virtual Reality enabled
I works with a DK2 and Oculus enabled, but not with a Vive and OpenVR.
I saw this post on the steampowered...
Unity beta 5.4.0f2 "OpenVR failed initialization "
- SkyBox bug Hi! We are faced with the problem of the periodic disappearance of the skybox(typically on one frame). This behavior creates a nasty artifact. This problem occurs only on Samsung s8 with Snapdragon. On the version with Exynos all ok. Could you tell ...
- Project building but not deploying on VS 2018 for HoloLens with Unity Hey, I have done everything that needs to be done regarding the project and player settings for my HoloLens application within Unity. I build the application successfully and open the .sln file which opens visual studio 2018. Inside VS 2018 I have se...
- Is it possible to do AR with motion capture instead of image processing? Hello!
We are using a motion capture system to track the position and rotation of a webcam and a small flat object. This data is then streamed to Unity where a Unity Camera follows the real webcam's pose and a 3D cube follows the pose of the other object. Finally, the webcam's output is rendered in the background using a webcamtexture.
Ideally, when the camera is pointing at the other object, the virtual cube should match perfectly the position of the real object seen in the background...
Is it possible to do AR with motion capture instead of image processing?