Forums

• Audio video player Audio from the video player keeps playing on another target, how do I stop it?
  • can i temporary blocked using thumbstick? hi there, i'm using MRTK(Mixed Reality Tool Kit) and samsung HMD odyssey (Motion controllers).

and i need temporarily block using thumbstick from another script. just thumbstick.(another function is not blocked).

can i do this?
  • Automatic Gaze Input with SteamVR? Hey everyone!

I started a new project for a quick test with the SteamVR package.
    The scene only contains a world space UI with a few buttons, and the standard camera.
    Beyond any possible plugins there should be no components of the SteamVR package active as far as I'm aware.
    I enabled VR support via the build settings and picked OpenVR as the targeted platform.
    When I run this (both in edit mode and in build) and look around with my headset, a button will get selected depending on the view....

Automatic Gaze Input with SteamVR?
  • AR Face tracking mesh example with AR Remote. Hi there,
    Finally got AR Remote working and it's a huge tie saver.
    Just wondering, the face mesh scene doesn't seem to produce any actual mesh (when testing in Unity) is this just a limitation of the remote?
    Thanks!
    Pete
  • Detect What Headset Is Connected (Gear Vr or Oculus Go) Hi,

I'm currently developing an app for the Gear VR and Oculus Go. I'm sure this is just me being daft but is there any way to detect which headset the application is running on (Oculus Go or VR)?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.XR.XRDevice.model
    gives me Samsung S8 for a phone and
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings.loadedDeviceName
    only seems to provide info about which sdk is being (i.e. it only says Oculus for both).

Many thanks for any help! :)
  • NullReferenceException when trying to drag object Hi,

I'm trying to drag the spawned object only on the y-axis.
    The code works on a scene without using ARCore, but when using it in a scene with ARCore I get an NullReferenceException error. Isn't it possible to drag objects in AR?

This is the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class Drag : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     private Vector3 screenPoint;
    8.     private Vector3 offset;
    10.     void OnMouseDown()
    11.     {
    12.         screenPoint =...
    NullReferenceException when trying to drag object
  • SteamVR Constantly Crashing Hello,

I'm using Unity 5.1.2f1 (the very latest) and have decided to use the SteamVR Plugin as opposed to native support since the SteamVR Plugin gives a lot more options and flexibility. That's all great, I thought, until the engine crashes about 50% of the time, rendering even my mouse unresponsive for minutes at a time. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any luck with SteamVR?

It appears the VRCompositor might be...

SteamVR Constantly Crashing
  • Animation for iPhone X: automatic blendshapes & rig generation for ARKit Facial Animation Hi everyone,

Polywink has announced a new service, Animation for iPhone X to make animations using the iPhone X's Face Tracking and the ARKit Unity Plugin even faster and easier! This service automatically generates a rig of 51 blendshapes to animate a character with the iPhone X.

The goal is to enable new, faster and cheaper animation workflows by allowing anyone to simply upload a...

Animation for iPhone X: automatic blendshapes & rig generation for ARKit Facial Animation
  • Augmented Image – Unsupported image format. When trying to create a new augmented image database I am getting an "Unsupported image format." error within Unity. I am running ARCore 1.2 and Unity 20181.0f2. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
  • cross platfom VR – Oculus + Mobile ? Im developing a VR tool where It would be amazing if I could integrate cross platform support between a VR set and a mobile phone using google cardboard or a gearVR. I already built my working tool as a mobile app, now I have to dive deep into multilayer functionality as I've never played around with this before.

Im really bad at looking stuff up and I was wondering If anyone has any nice guides on cross platform multiplayer, any technology or procedures I should be familiar with, or any...

cross platfom VR - Oculus + Mobile ?
  • Oculus / Mobbile VR cross platfom? Im developing a VR tool where It would be amazing if I could integrate cross platform support between a VR set and a mobile phone using google cardboard or a gearVR. I already built my working tool as a mobile app, now I have to dive deep into multilayer functionality as I've never played around with this before.

Im really bad at looking stuff up and I was wondering If anyone has any nice guides on cross platform multiplayer, any technology or procedures I should be familiar with, or any...

Oculus / Mobbile VR cross platfom?
  • Co-view VR view on iPad Hello everyone, Is there any solution about co-viewing VR content on an iPad ? for example, I have one visitor with VR google cardbroad or Gear VR, I want to see what he is watching in my iPad. iPad is connected in the same WLAN as Google Cardbroad. ...
  • Black screen with unmounted headset (oculus) since 2017.4 We need our program to continue rendering the camera, even if the oculus is unmounted. Before this was possible with run in background, and additionally having listeners on the mount / unmount events that manually disabled the UnityEngine.XR settings -...
  • How to using Locatable Camera 4x4Matrix in Unity Hello, Everybody?
    I am trying to use augmented reality with HoloLens just as described in the Locatable Camera documentation.
    URL : https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/locatable_camera

And the result is three 4x4Matrices. (CameraCoordinateSystem, Viewport, Projection)
    I want to use these to set the Position and Rotation of Unity camera.
    It has much more errors than the distortion error in the document.
    But I don't know what to do.
    How can you calculate the...

How to using Locatable Camera 4x4Matrix in Unity
  • is there any plugin available for unity where i can share my visual to other hololens ? Hi All, I am trying to do the shared experience in like sharing screen like remote desktop option in skype and team viewer. But i havnt found any plugin or sdk for that. I tried to do the shared experience using Hololens Tutorial 240 and 250. But fo...