Forums

• My AR Game My AR Game : AR Dragon Trainner AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/ar-dragon-trainner/id1299391935?mt=8 View attachment 282999
  • ARKit face tracking examples crashing on iphone x. I've got the AR examples running just fine but all the examples that uses face tracking make the app crash instantly. Camera permission are assigned. Any ideas?
  • Oculus Go Buttons + Handedness in plain Unity [SOLVED] Hi there, Can I detect button presses on the Oculus Go controller using plain Unity (no plug-ins from Oculus) input buttons/axes and the InputManager? The docs only seem to address the remote and the touch controllers. Secondly, is it possible using ...
  • Remove Vuforia from project Hi guys, since Vuforia has been natively supported by Unity, I'm having difficulties removing it from a project once it has been imported. So, how do you go about this ? I have tried removing all of the related assets, as well as deleting the UnityPackageManager folder frm outside Unity. The scriptable object representing its configuration always finds a way to pop up in the Resources folder, and every scene takes a hold of the MainCamera, attaching a Vuforia Behaviour on it.
  • Oculus Go Buttons + Handedness in plain Unity Hi there, Can I detect button presses on the Oculus Go controller using plain Unity (no plug-ins from Oculus) input buttons/axes and the InputManager? The docs only seem to address the remote and the touch controllers. Secondly, is it possible using ...
  • Cardboard app crashes when loading a new scene Hello!

My cardboard app (build) crashes all the time when I try to load a new scene after completing level one. There's a sign in my scene and when I click on the sign it should load a new scene. This works perfectly on my PC but crashes on my mobile. The camera freezes after clicking on the sign, nothing happens and then i get a message "app stopped working". The "level 2" scene is lighter than the first one and the app size is 75MB. What might be the reason for crashing/freezing? The code...

Cardboard app crashes when loading a new scene
  • Json Top Level Hello Folks, currently I am trying to import a top level array json file.. The issue is: it runs in unity editor w/o any issue but when I execute a Windows Store hololens build I got this error: InvalidOperationException: Handle is not initialized.&...
  • How to make videoplayback with metadata + cloud Reco in unity ? can you help me, How to make videoplayback with metadata + cloud Reco in unity 2017.3 ? i still newbie using Vuforia and Unity.
  • [Tutorial] Augmented Reality Game Development with Unity and Vuforia Hey everyone,

We've just released this new tutorial for our blog.

Hope you find it useful - let us know what you think!
  • Oculus Go and Unity Unbind failed Error Hi, I'm trying to migrate a GearVr project to an OculusGo project, but in migration there are problems loading the resources when the application is running.

I ran the following command in adb to see the logs:

adb logcat -s Unity ActivityManager PackageManager dalvikvm DEBUG

and these are the results that gave me:

06-12 19:41:03.193 1024 1037 E ActivityManager: Sending non-protected broadcast com.oculus.os.libui.app.wakeupdialog.wakeup_dialog_dismissed from system...

Oculus Go and Unity Unbind failed Error
  • Getting the notion of head-neutral-forward from the OVRPlayerController I'm using the OVRPlayerController in the Oculus devkit.

View attachment 282802

How can I get the notion of what the VR device thinks is currently "head neutral forward?"

The root transform above as well as the ForwardDirection transform above all seem to slave left/right along with the turning of my head.

What I want is something that I can affix part of my body to, for instance a pair of skis: I want those skis to not turn when I gaze around and I don't see any easy way to get...

Getting the notion of head-neutral-forward from the OVRPlayerController
  • Shadermaterial not showing – only on other gameobjects I tried the VR Sample Scene with the LWR - pipline. I have added a script where I add a mesh, but it is only showing on the other materials but not on the "ground" or in the "air" As we are all new to the LWR.. I hope someone can h...
  • Parts of objects appear in 2D Guide View Hello all-

I've been using the Model Target Generator to generate targets for my app for iOS. For the most part, it's been pretty straight forward, but I do have an issue where parts of models that are suppose to appear once the object is recognized are showing up in the 2D Guide view. Has anyone else come across this issue? Were you able to figure out what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  • How to get “Vuforia License Key” from any Vuforia application [HACK] How to fix? Hello Vuforia Community.

I'm engaged in information security, and found a way to get the "Vuforia License Key" from any application using Vuforia.

Steps:
    1. Download "DevX Unity Unpacker"
    2. Download any Android (APK) application using Vuforia.
    3. Click "Open as APK,Obb,XAPK file(android)" and open APK file.
    4. Find "VuforiaConfiguration.asset"
    5. You see the unencrypted license key...

This is a very Critical bad Bug...
    I want to protect my applications. How to do it?
  • OVROverlay causes Unsupported Texture Format 0x1b errors Hi,

I've asked this question in the Oculus forums, and made a Unity bug report, but posting here as well in an attempt to get more info on when a fix could be available for Unity 2017.4.x.

Basically when using OVROverlay with Unity 2017.4.x the engine throws 3 instances of the error below per texture used:
    "Unsupported texture format 0x1B
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/GfxDevice/d3d11/TranslateD3D11.cpp Line: 308)"

The error is thrown for both cubemaps and quad overlays....

OVROverlay causes Unsupported Texture Format 0x1b errors