Forums

• SetVREnabledOnTargetGroup / not always working / Cardboard issue Hi all,

I am attempting to switch Virtual Reality SDKs from an editor script, due to support for different platforms; for example:

Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEditorInternal.VR.VREditor.SetVREnabledOnTargetGroup(androidTG, true);
    3. UnityEditorInternal.VR.VREditor.SetVREnabledDevicesOnTargetGroup(androidTG, new string { "Cardboard"});
    Now, the first issue is that this doesn't work in every case; i.e. sometimes the enabled device simply does not change (for example from Oculus to Cardboard)....

SetVREnabledOnTargetGroup / not always working / Cardboard issue
  • HoloToolKit & MathNet.Numerics conflict Hi guys,

I'm currently developing an application on the Hololens using the HoloToolKit. I wanted to go further and decided to use MathNet.Numerics package. Everything was working perfectly on "play mode", but I tried to build it, and I've got those errors :

- Assets\Packages\HoloToolKitPackages\HoloToolkit\Input\Scripts\Utilities\MicrophoneHelper.cs(65,52): error CS1983: The return type of an async method must be void, Task or Task<T>

HoloToolKit & MathNet.Numerics conflict
  • SteamVr plugin showing blue gradient background… (Vive) I came back to an old project and with my horror I discovered that the camera was not working after the latest update. It always showed a green/bluish background gradient.
    Controllers can't be seen in the HMD but in the unity scene all the CameraRig gameobjects are there and move accordingly.
    I tried everything I could think of, and later I tought I messed with some project configs, so I closed everything and started a blank new project just to look if it could work .
    I Reimported the latest...

SteamVr plugin showing blue gradient background... (Vive)
  • Disable Cardboard view before Main menu of Unity App Hello, I am working on a Unity Project, where my first screen will be Non VR main menu screen. Upon clicking on one particular button from main menu, it goes for VR Cardboard version. Issue: When I open the app, it first opens the cardboard view an...
  • Students Taking Field Trips thru Virtual Reality In my World Geography classroom, we study many places around the world. The virtual reality system, Google Expeditions, would allow my students to take "field trips" to these places. Since I don't have this system, I am utilizing a non-profit crowd funding site called Donorschoose. I have set up a proposal that outline what I am wanting and how it will benefit my students. Please take a look at this proposal and consider donating any amount. Here is the link:...

Students Taking Field Trips thru Virtual Reality
  • Best way to handtracking? Hi there people, I'm on a proyect and we maybe woud need to make a VR hand tracking for GVR.

I've seen a lot of practices but I'm confused, so I'd like to open a discusion, which way to make handtracking for GVR on android is the best?
  • build problem vr lenovo Good morning, everyone.
    I'm a French student in a video game school.
    I have a problem to build my game.
    I use 2017 3.0f3. This is a game using vr lenovo helmet.
    I can do a build but I don't have an.exe or equivalent for vr.
    Cf the folder created after a build
    Somebody's got an idea.
  • Thin line where the 360 degree image is joining I am trying to build simple 360 degree photo viewer using Skybox/Panoramic shader. However there is this line that i couldn't find anything about. It goes from up center to bottom. Any idea how to remove it?
    Thanks in advance
  • How can I get a spotlight to follow the reticle? I'm trying to attach a spotlight (to act as a torch/flashlight) to my player's controller, and I want it to always shine exactly where the pointer/reticle is, like in the image below from the editor (the spotlight in the centre with the white dot representing the pointer/mouse).

When I attach the spotlight to the controller (to act like the Daydream controller is the light source), the spotlight doesn't line up as expected with the laser and dot. I've tried making the light a child of the...

How can I get a spotlight to follow the reticle?
  • Can i show two cameras on one camera? Hi there, i'm trying to show two cameras (VR Camera and Non VR Camera) on one camera(VR Camera).
    At the same time ,i need VR camera is showing Non VR Camera. Like Z-index in CSS.
    i'm setting Player settings value - Virtual reality Supported : checked , and platform is UWP(Universal windows platform).
    and One camera(VR Camera) depth value is '-1' and target eye is 'both' , another camera(Non VR Camera) depth value is '0' and target eye is 'none(Main Display)'
    if i change Viewport Rect value,...

Can i show two cameras on one camera?
  • Fading up scene geometry as a post process Im trying to fade up the scene geometry when I have established tracking. (as a nice user experience effect) I create a post process shader but it seems the input texture is the entire composited scene (objects + image from device camera). That is to b...
  • ARKit Remote Connection Error: SerializationException: Unable to find assembly Hi, I am working on the Unity project with: - .NET 4.6 Experimental and could not downgrade to older version. - Unity version 2017.4.0f1 - ARKit 1.5 And when using ARKit Remote Connect to connect with Editor. Have this bug: Code (CSharp): Seria...
  • Does Cloth not work in AR?!! I have a scene using the cloth component attached to a plane and some capsule colliders. When I preview my scene in the player, the cloth is affected by gravity and folds around the capsules. But once I move my cloth and capsules under the ground plane stage the plane is rigid. As if the ground plane stage won't allow the cloth component to function.

Is this a limitation with Vuforia and the Ground Plane detection, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • scale of objects calculated according to the screen How to maintain the calculated scale of objects calculated according to the screen size of the device? I would like to make a process that suits any mobile device on which the app was installed. That is, I need a way to identify the size of the device screen and calculate the scale of the object to be represented in augmented reality. Does anyone know if it is possible? Can someone help me? I'm using arcore, but I also use vuforia.
  • proportion of objects in augmented reality If I have a specific size and would like the ratio to remain on the screen, regardless of the screen size used, how to keep the proportion of objects in augmented reality on different screen sizes of mobile devices?