Forums

• Lightweight Render pipeline + SteamVR + Odyssey = Solid Black Screen Tried this with a blank project, on 2018.1 and 2018.2. Pulled the latest build off GitHub for the lightweight render pipeline and still have this problem. Tried on 2 separate computers.
    Anybody else has this problem or have found a solution.
    I made all my shaders in shadergraph.
    I'm in the process of converting the shadergraph shaders over in shaderforge to normal shaders using Unity 2018.2 because I have to make a release in 3 weeks with the new shaders.
  • Known issue after importing Vuforia samples on 2018.1 & 2018.2 Hello,

Recently, Vuforia released 7.2 SDK with updated samples to the Unity Asset Store. These samples are not compatible with the 7.1 SDK, which is already packaged with most (if not all) of the current versions of the 2018.1 and 2018.2 Unity Editor.

The most common Vuforia error message observed is the following: "The type or namespace name `FusionProviderType' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

This is a known issue that can be resolved by upgrading your...

Known issue after importing Vuforia samples on 2018.1 & 2018.2
  • How to reduce FPS/deactivate VSync for Rift? I'm trying to set specific low FPS values for a VR project, this is to induce motion sickness in a psychology experiment.

However, using QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 0; Application.targetFrameRate = 15;

doesn't work. It works without VR though.

Thanks in advance!
  • Steamvr error Hi guys I have no clue how this fix this problem so I hope one of you can! Code (CSharp): Assets/SteamVR/Scripts/SteamVR.cs(22,35): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.VR.VRSettings' is obsolete: `VRSettings has been moved and renamed.  Use Un...
  • Unable to install APK to device! Updated to the new version of Unity 5.6.. now getting this error when I try to build: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to install APK to device. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. anyone else gett...
  • Navigation in Augmented Reality First of all, I apologize for my English... Hello guys. Considering the recent advances made in implementing AR, I would like to know if anyone here knows a methodology for developing an app for indoor and outdoor navigation, but mostly indoor, in pla...
  • Using 3D images as background images through windows I was curious to know the possibilities of using 360 or even 180 images(From panoramas) to create views through windows. This would provide a real world view for virtual tours of building models.
  • Using 3D images as background images through windows I was curious to maybe find out if there is any possible way to use real images taken with as a Panorama and use that as the background in a window. This would allow for the real world view you would have to go along with virtual tours of interiors of ...
  • Can’t build: IOException: Failed to Move File Classes.jar Hi friends,

Hoping someone can help, it's been a week and I'm not winning this one. I'm trying to build in 2018.1/2018.2 Unity the SampleScene within ARFoundation (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples) or a simple scene I make in 2018.2 where I installed packages ARFoundation and AR Core XR plugin.

error -> IOException: Failed to Move File / Directory from 'Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\classes.jar' to...

Can't build: IOException: Failed to Move File Classes.jar
  • Problem on cloud book sample have a problem on Cloud Book Sample !! TargetSearchResult xxxx could not be enabled for tracking. Unity3d Version 2017.3.1f1 (fc1d3344e6ea) Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:28:29 GMT Branch: 2017.3/release Vuforia 7.0.47
  • Vive VR: Spikes + How to interpret “VR.WaitForGPU” Hi everyone,

I'm developing a Vive game with Unity using the standard settings of SteamVR, without the lab renderer. On the whole, I get good frame rates, but every now and then (10-20 seconds), there is a drop down below 60fps.

This even happens if the headset is lying still on the floor and the controllers are off. There is no indication in the profiler that anything else except graphics is to blame, as it looks like this:

What could be the cause of this? ...

Vive VR: Spikes + How to interpret "VR.WaitForGPU"
  • Activate and deactivate ARKit (including camera plain and updating functionalitys) Hello there! Ive a question about the arkit 2.0 plugin. Basically i made a measuring tool which works pretty well. But in this app i dont have the functionality of the arkit to be active all the time. Only if the user needs to measure a distance. My...
  • UnityARWorldMap example – worldMap not being saved on iPhone/iPad I've been trying to get the UnityARWorldMap example to work. However, when I tap the Save button, nothing happens. In WorldMapManager.cs, Save() calls OnWorldMap:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnWorldMap(ARWorldMap worldMap) {
    2.       if (worldMap != null) {
    3.            worldMap.Save(path);
    4.            Debug.LogFormat("ARWorldMap saved to {0}", path);
    5.       }
    6. }
    The debug statement never appears, meaning that worldMap = null.

Tried running on both iPhone 6 and iPad Pro. Same results.

Any help...

UnityARWorldMap example - worldMap not being saved on iPhone/iPad
  • Cardboard support on Gear-compatible device Hi, I am currently developing an app with a non-VR mode and a cardboard mode (activated through a toggle VR button). In the build settings I put the "None" SDK and the Cardboard SDK from GoogleVR, I also put the Oculus SDK for the Oculus Go ...
  • What do I define this variable to? Hi, i'm working on a simple VR game in which you throw a ball around. However, when I pull the trigger on a controller, I get an error that says NullRefrenceException. I've narrowed it down to the variable mInteraction not being defined, as shown by my comments. The thing is, I have no idea what I should set this variable to. Do any of you know? I am using this: (
    ) tutorial by the VR with Andrew youtube channel.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ViveConInput :...
    What do I define this variable to?