Forums

• Most stable version of Unity / Daydream SDK? Hello! I am going to be starting a Daydream project soon, and I was wondering if there is a version of Unity that works best with the Daydream, or should I just go with the latest?
  • Cannot turn off VR Supported in settings This seems rather odd, but for some reason I'm not able to disable VR support in the player settings tab.

When I click on the checkbox, the setting remains checked. Is there anything else I need to do before hand?

Thanks,
  • Align AR perpendicular gravity? Hey guys,

The title pretty much says it. I am currently using an Image Anchor to to launch a large scale AR overlay (100m x 50m), and what i'm finding is that slight variations in the Image Target's detected orientation make the AR skew drastically as you move farther away from the target. So, i realized that i really only need the Image Target for its position and its rotation about the Y axis. Rotation about the X and Z axis I would like to be fixed based on the detected orientation of...

Align AR perpendicular gravity?
  • Vuforia failed to initialize… So this seems to be a common error with more than one cause http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37950316/vuforia-failed-to-initialize-on-android-l https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/qcar-api/failed-initialize-vuforia My application runs fine in the ed...
  • Implementing Daydream Keyboard Hi there, I am attempting to implement the daydream keyboard into an app built in unity and am not able to get this to work. I have added the keyboard prefab as a sibling of the main camera and added two input fields with the onpointerclick function a...
  • How do create a multiplayer VR scene with Oculus? I want to develop an environment where up to 4 different players using their VR headsets can connect into one scene simultaneously, ideally 4 players.

I did some research and found two packages on the Unity store called 'multiplayer VR kit paintball' and instantVR edge that unfortunately only support the HTC vive with its SteamVR plugin. However I don't have a HTC Vive, only a Oculus Rift.

Is it difficult to set up multiplayer within VR in Unity using the Oculus? What tutorials can I...

How do create a multiplayer VR scene with Oculus?
  • VRTK Grab parent object or child object Hello,

I'm using VRTK (with Unity) for a personal project on the HTC Vive. I'm currently working on adding guns in my game.

Here is my issue:

I have a rifle object in my game which is made out of several parts (children): grip, scope, magazine, etc.

I'd like to be able to grab the whole rifle from any part (child), except the magazine: if I move the rifle, the magazine should stay attached and follow along. Besides, I'd like to be able to grab the magazine independently of the rifle and...

VRTK Grab parent object or child object
  • Oculus Without Sensors Oculus Rift Question: How can i start my application without the sensors plugged in?

The Oculus App won't show anything but this error message if i disconnect the sensors
    "Critical Error
    we cant find your sensor, please connect your sensor"

But we really, really don't need head tracking because we only play VR-Video on a spherical skybox, so no close objects that will cause dizziness when the head moves. This thing goes into a backpack only containing the...

Oculus Without Sensors
  • VR speech recognition error “…is not supported on this machine.” Hi!
    I tried to add speech control to my app. I have download demo from GitHub. It works fine on my Mac(with Windows 10 Pro), so demo is valid. But it doesn't work on my MSI VR ready laptop or my PC. I have try all answer from google, but nothing helps. The last solution is to try install the save Windows version as on my Mac, but it will costs me few hours. Can someone help? The error is:

UnityException: Speech recognition is not supported on this machine....

VR speech recognition error "...is not supported on this machine."
  • open source eye tracking… but really though? Pupil Labs website says "open source eye tracking". https://pupil-labs.com/
    Does this mean we can use the source code with other cameras?
    Because if not, I don't see the benefit in this. if you are going to sell the hardware for 1390 EUR for just one camera and if code is locked to your camera, well, the open source doesn't do much. And someone who has experience with such cameras, 1390 in my humble opinion is a steal, when you can get 120Hz at 1080p sensors with lenses and USB or...

open source eye tracking... but really though?
  • Fail to Activate Vuforia AR Camera in Unity Hi Vuforia Team, I got two laptops with Unity and Vuforia free version. As always, both of them are able to build project. Recently, one of it ran into problems. When i activate Vuforia Augmented Reality Support in XR Settings, there is a warning as ...
  • Cubemap problem in HD render pipeline I want to make a 360 video in Unity so I followed the tutorial: https://veer.tv/blog/how-to-use-unity-2018-1-to-capture-stereoscopic-360-images-and-videos/ The rendered cubemap is somehow strange in HD render pipeline but normal in original pipeline....
  • Single “eye” render mode like the GVR plugin with VR mode disabled Is there a way to get the native Daydream/Cardboard SDK to render to a single window, like with the GVR plugin when VR Mode is disabled? View attachment 205799 View attachment 205800 I want users to be able to play my game without VR by ...
  • Anybody successful at getting ARCore 1.5 to build for iOS on Unity Cloud build? We are trying to integrate ARCore 1.5 and ARKit 1.5 into our project. We can successfully create cloud builds on Android, but iOS fails. I think the issue is that ARCore's build script generates a Unity-iPhone.xcworkspace file that is supposed to be used to build the project in XCode, but I don't know of a way to tell cloud build to use the workspace instead of the Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj.

Thanks,
    Patrick
  • Anybody successful at getting ARCore 1.3 to build for iOS on Unity Cloud build? We are trying to integrate ARCore 1.3 and ARKit 1.5 into our project. We can successfully create cloud builds on Android, but iOS fails. The issue is that ARCore's build script generates a Unity-iPhone.xcworkspace file that is supposed to be used to build the project in XCode, but I don't know of a way to tell cloud build to use the workspace instead of the Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj.

This is from ARCore 1.3 docs: https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/unity/quickstart-ios

"Locate...

Anybody successful at getting ARCore 1.3 to build for iOS on Unity Cloud build?