Forums

• OpenVR vs SteamVR Hi, i wanted to switch to OpenVR and use only that. Seems as easiest solution for all VR platforms and you have full control over everything. But i encountered pretty significant issue, which seems to be occuring only with OpenVR. When i setup simp...
  • What’s the plan with VR input? @joejo @runevision

Hey unity folks,

I was wondering what the current plan for VR/XR input is within the Unity API? I've noticed a decent amount of additions to VR inputtracking (XR inputtracking in 2017.2 beta) but not enough to realistically consider dropping the various sdks (Oculus, GoogleVR, Steam VR, etc.) when it comes to input. Furthermore VR input is still changing pretty rapidly (steam knuckles in the fall, samsung ring perhaps, and many...

What's the plan with VR input?
  • Vuforia & Unity database load problem Hey, I can not tick the database as it's said 'Databases will be automatically loaded and activated if it's TrackingBehaviour is enabled on scene load'.
    I use Vuforia 7.1.34 & Unity 2018.1.0f2
    I am new to Unity, but have been trying to solve this issue for a while and haven't seen solution.
    Thank you very much!
  • Can I test apps on a retail HTC Vive Focus without submission to store? Hi everyone,

Company I work for just bought a Vive Focus. It was given to me and I was tasked to check if some of our Unity apps (for Samsung Gear VR) could be installed on it.

After struggling with USB drivers, adb, etc. I'm beginning to think my PC (Windows 7 64b) will not be able to see my Focus as it is not a dev-kit. Is it possible at all to place our apps on this great device without submitting them to the Store first?
  • Snap Turn, new XR features Help Hello all,
    It's been a while since I last posted here. I've been working on a new project using unity's new XR Input system. Currently, I have a player setup with the Tracked Pose Driver component, everything is working correctly but I have no clue as to how to implement my Snap Turn Mechanic. If I rotate the camera itself, it won't be able to overwrite the HMD's rotation, so I had to rotate the parent object. The issue with that, is that the parent object is placed on the center of the play...

Snap Turn, new XR features Help
  • iOS 11.3 Crash Hi all,

Since iOS 11.3 update Vuforia fails to init reporting it's fed a size of 0, fails to start Camera feed. Tested on iPhone 6S, iPhone X - if the device has iOS 11.3 Vuforia will fail to start. Doesn't crash the app, but spits out this from Xcode:

Code (csharp):
    2. ERROR/AR(1329) 2018-04-14 15:00:48: VideoBackgroundConfig with screen size of zero received, skipping config step
    5. ERROR/AR(1329) 2018-04-14 15:00:48: CameraDevice::getCameraCalibration(): Failed to get camera calibration because the...
    iOS 11.3 Crash
  • Installation path When I run the Vuforia 7.1.34 installer the default path folder is empty. Where should I be directing the installer? Does it matter?
  • Unity ARKit App Showcase I wanted to show off the Unity ARKit app I worked on for the San Diego Zoo, its called Danceabout Australia: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dan...e&preserveScrollPosition=true#platform/iphone The Zoo has a new Safari Park opening and the app is ...
  • ARPlaneAnchor issue on default Branch (2017.4.2) Hey All -

I was attempting to update our project to ARKit 1.5 today now that Cloud Build Support for Xcode 9.3 is avail. When I download the latest repo from Bitbucket and open as a new project, I'm running into an issue:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/UnityARKitPlugin/Plugins/iOS/UnityARKit/NativeInterface/ARPlaneAnchor.cs(5,16): error CS0101: The namespace `UnityEngine.XR.iOS' already contains a definition for `ARPlaneAnchor'

I was trying to track down where the definition is, but I...

ARPlaneAnchor issue on default Branch (2017.4.2)
  • ARCore 1.2 with ARKit for iOS crashes Editor With ARCore 1.2, you can now build for iOS with the Unity ARKit plugin. https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/unity/quickstart-ios The docs say that Instant Preview is supported in the OSX editor using Metal. Use Metal in OSX section: https://dev...
  • THC Vive (steam) settings – FPS to call the “waiting screen” Maybe a silly question but I've failed to find answer:

What is the frame rate when Steam takes the control over the app and show the waiting screen to prevent low frame rate and possible motion sickness?
    I;ve got an app that needs some tweaking and it happens quite frequently so I'm wondering where is the line...
  • How to set world center and scale? Hi. I'm recently working on adding AR-based camera control feature into my game.

I checked Vuforia Ground Plane sample, and succeed to getting basic AR work.

My game world is located at (0, 0, 0) and camera can move around my game world. The problem is that initial ARCamera is located at (0, 0, 0) and the position of first-anchor is relate to this ARCamera's position.

So first-anchor is located at non-(0,0,0) so ARCamera is moved around first-anchor.

How to sync AR-space center and scale...

How to set world center and scale?
  • Session.CheckApkAvailability for Android version less than 7.0 I'm trying to deploy an App that can be downloaded on Android devices from version 4.5 and higher. On devices that support ArCore I offer Augmented Reality tools.

So I disabled the "AR required" option, Minimum API level 4.5, and I tested the Session.CheckApkAvailability() function. On Galaxy S7 worked correctly, but when I tested on a Galaxy j5 (Android 5) the function didn't work.

I wanted to understand if Session.CheckApkAvailability() works only on Android 7+ devices or it's a bug.
  • ARcore 1.2 “cloud anchor found” Anchor not appearing Hello, I had my app working fine and all of sudden whenever I go to put an anchor down it will fail the first time with an internal error, ill host a second time and it will save successfully when I go to resolve on another device it will say found imm...
  • ground plane don’t need license key ,right? ground plane don't need license key ,right? I don't the office sample , I find license key is empty ,and building success,then run ok in phone!