Forums

• Anybody knows how to embed UWP/WPF in Unity? I am building a VR disability service in Unity that will let paralyzed people move mouse cursor with their head movement only. Whatever is in Unity is just a function so im wondering if its possible to embed it in a Windows software. So someone would ...
  • OpenDS driving simulator with Unity and VR Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a self driving simulator with Unity and I'm thinking of using OpenDS driving simulator. I just wanted to know if somebody here have tried that, is OpenDS compatible with Unity and the Oculus? or Unity and the Vibe?
    Also, is there a new link for downloading OpenDS? I went to the following link but didn't find an option to download the files:
    https://github.com/breznak/openDS-oss/blob/master/README.md

Any help let me know,
    Best Regards,
  • GearVR in linear space – problem – dark image Hello
    We've started developing to gearvr and immediately strange problem appeared.
    If the game uses linear workflow, colors on the gearvr are really dark.
    When we change the color space to gamma, colors are ok (colors on gearvr are identical as colors in editor)
    Do you know what have to be done to properly run a game on GearVr in the linear space?
    or maybe gearvr doesn't support the linear color space
    I really appreciate any help you can provide.
    Greg
  • Absolute position / rotation with controller??? Hey guys, Not sure if I am just being stupid or if this is normal. I have created a Vr scene that utilizes HoloLens along with a Xbox One controller. Thought everything was fine but then noticed a way to break the position / rotation. If I move and...
  • Non-VR and VR application build Greetings to everyone,

I currently having issues to build one app in both VR and Non-VR mode.
    I have to switch between Oculus (GearVr), Google VR (Daydream) and flat android.

The main problem is when I build the app on Samsung smartphone:
    Since I can't disable "Virtual Reality Supported" in the player settings (GVR/Oculus cameras in the scene) I just select none in VR SDK's.
    Anyway, the phone start the app as a GearVR one and not as a simple flat android app.
    This approach...

Non-VR and VR application build
  • Sideloaded Oculus GO app only working once. During development I would use "Build & Run" to deploy my app to the Oculus GO for testing. However I've run into a pretty major issue when sideloading the final version.

When the headset is booted up, the app will run fine once (run from the Unknown Sources tab). However when the user quits the app and then tries to run it again, the Oculus Go will hang on a black screen and all controller functionality will be lost.

I have to reboot the headset to be able to run the app again. Has anyone...

Sideloaded Oculus GO app only working once.
  • Reference rewrite error when building I am having trouble building my project with the SpiceSharp NuGet package. I can enter play mode fine but when I try to build and deploy to the HoloLens there is this reference rewrite error for SpiceSharp and it's dependant package MathNet.Numerics. Below imgur link has the errors.

https://imgur.com/a/xHwE8

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
  • Virtual Reality Splash Image Hello, i am working with the HTC Vive and the Unity Personal 2017.4.3f1 version. I am trying to build my application with a custom splash image for virtual reality. My custom splash image works fine. The only question i have is, is it possible to ch...
  • ARKit Face anchor orientation Hey I just noticed the face anchor orientation is rotated 90° at runtime, is that normal? Thanks, Pete
  • 180 vs 360 + Lenovo’s Mirage Camera Hi - Wondering if anyone has used the Lenovo Mirage 180 stereoscopic camera and how they used the footage in Unity (skybox?).
    In general how do people feel about 180 vs 360 vs mono/stereoscopic.

It would be great if this could start a discussion between the 'formats' and how good they work with unity :)
  • How to attach and detach real tracked objects to hands Hi,

I am using Leap Motion to track player hands and also Vive Trackers for real objects which player is able to pick up and use. The issue here that Leap Motion hands don't fully match real hands and also they have some tracking issues periodically and sometimes loose tracking. So it looks weird when the player holds real objects in real hands but there are no virtual hands or they don't match e.g. grip a little bit.

I want to attach virtual object grip of the real tracked object to the...

How to attach and detach real tracked objects to hands
  • Virtual Reality Spectator Screen If you've ever wanted to be a Virtual Reality (VR) Spectator (from a third-person perspective) while others are interacting with a VR environment (from a first-person perspective), then Unreal Engine 4's (UE4) VR Spectator Screen is the ideal feature for you. While running the VR Spectator Screen, you'll be able to observe other players with your computer monitor (or television), which is valuable when you're gathering feedback on an immersive VR experience.
  • web browser in your VR app Hello All,
    I'm looking at implementing a web browser in my mobile app (gearVR/oculusGO) , is there any way of importing the oculus web browser into a custom app or what would the best method be to create one from scratch. I'm not looking for rendering to texture methods but something that can support a proper browser functionality (js, html5, etc) and playback videos, FB, etc.
    Any thoughts, pointers would be much appreciated .
    TIA
  • Motion controller teleportation source Hello,

I'm building an app for Windows Mixed Reality VR, using motion controllers. Currently I'm set up with Holotoolkit's default thumbstick teleportation mechanic, which works, but it defaults to using gaze, and then allows you to switch which controller you use to teleport by clicking the trigger. I'd like to have the teleportation default to one of the controllers and then stay there, but I can't figure out where in the Holotoolkit code that's being determined. Anyone here have...

Motion controller teleportation source
  • Vrtk for daydream? Has anyone got VRTK to work with daydream? Any thing you had to differently from the instructions on the VRTK website? I keep running into errors and I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth the time to figure out what's going wrong....I'd like to play around with their versions of locomotion.