Forums

• How to setup User Defined Target in Unity 2017.2 Hi all
    I want to have User Defined Target setup in Unity 2017.2 but I dont know how.
    This guide https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/User-Defined-Targets-Guide
    uses some prefab that I can't seem to find anywhere.
    There is component User Definder Target Buiding Behavior but it is not enough to make it run.
    Is there some good guide that can show step by step use of Vuforia User Target system on new Unity with integrated Vuforia support?
  • Detecting a 3d scanned object and anchoring it to the Ground plane to track the object’s position. Hi everyone,

I need to detect an object and track its position as it moves on the ground. I have been able to implement the ground tracking and I can instantiate a cube and get its position in world coordinates. I can also detect the object using the ObjectTarget and uploading my object database to it. I tried to get the position of the ObjectTarget using the "DefaultTrackableEventHandler.cs" script and getting the position with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. mTrackableBehaviour.position
    However,...

Detecting a 3d scanned object and anchoring it to the Ground plane to track the object's position.
  • glass shader with transparency and refraction that works in AR? Anyone found one that works?

this one does refraction with the camera feed ok, but transparency doesn't seem to work:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/glassy-shader-109815
  • ARKit support for iOS via Unity-ARKit-Plugin [PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST: We want to provide the best support we can afford to, but when there is a lot of noise on the forum, it gets harder to support legitimate issues. So please read the FAQ, and if possible read recent posts in the forum to ...
  • unity_StereoEyeIndex variable not set – instancing init problem? Hi, I am working on a post processing shader that relies on "unity_StereoEyeIndex" variable for VR rendering. Problem is when running in Unity 2018 - this variable is not set. I get only one draw call in frame debugger indicating that VR in...
  • ARKit CPU Usage I've noticed in Xcode that the CPU usage on my app was extremely high (often bouncing above 100%) and thought I must have done something wrong, so I built the unity AR shadow example and noticed that the CPU usage for this was also extremely high (bouncing from 80% to above 100%). I'm currently running this on iPhone 7 Plus with Xcode 9.1 and the latest Unity-ARKit-Plugin.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any tips on how to reduce the CPU usage?

I am currently trying to implement...

ARKit CPU Usage
  • Is there any “getting started” tutorial for the oculus go? I have no experience with mobile development, i only worked on windows (vr) projects so far. Is there any guide how to build / transfer / debug a unity project with the oculus go?
  • ARKit Remote Connection frame freeze Hi,
    First of all, Remote Connection is an amazing tool and I can't wait to get it to work so thank you for that.

I'm experiencing a problem where upon connecting to the device this situation happens:

1. On the device, the video stream appears as normal with no lag and fully functioning.
    2.In Unity, the very first frame of the video from the phone appears. But it freezes there.
    3. As I move the phone around, in Unity I can just about see a red/blue halo of images from the camera appearing...

ARKit Remote Connection frame freeze
  • Problem with instant preview I'm not sure what is happening suddenly I lost possibility of using instant preview. When I click "play" i see white screen instead of preview from camera and when I pause it in the console I see

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.XR.ARBackgroundRenderer.DisableARBackgroundRendering () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/AR/ScriptBindings/ARBackgroundRenderer.cs:172)
    3. UnityEngine.XR.ARBackgroundRenderer.set_mode...
    Problem with instant preview
  • EasyAR – Create an overlay Hi,

I'm very new to Unity and even more new to "easyAR". Hopefully you guys can help.

I managed to create a simple setting where my application projects 3d-objects, great!
    But now i'm wondering - how can I make an overlay on my cameraview. There is only a Directional Light in my scene, and no camera.

Anyone worked with EasyAR and now how to create an ovelay; for example a button on the bottom of the app.

Thanks in advance,
    Joost
  • mysterious frame rate drop I've been stuck on this performance drop for 3 days, put my best engineer on it, then I had the best engineer I know in L.A. look at it for several hours. We all gave up.

This happens specifically when you grab a ball from the character in the game, then drop by the ball, and the spike is triggered about %10 of the time.

We thought it was scripting initially, but after digging through every line of code, turning almost everything in the game off we could, and examing the profiler in depth,...

mysterious frame rate drop
  • VR Headsets and SDK Hi All,

I'm new and wanting to learn how to develop VR. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with.

When buying a new VR headset, what specifically does the SDK versions enable you to do? Can't I just buy a normal headset and download unity and just use the headset? I have tried googling but there aren't any specific answers.

Also what are people using with Unity? I've heard the HTC Vive is really good, but i'm also a fan of Oculus and I heard that ties in with Unity...

VR Headsets and SDK
  • Documentation claims VR Controllers work with EventSystem?! So in the documentation here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OpenVRControllers.html It says: The Event System generates Input Touch events for the triggers on HTC Vive controllers when the user begins squeezing the trigger. The Event System generate...
  • Unity+Vuforia ios crash on exit – Urgent Hello @Vuforia-Strasza! We're facing an urgent issue that is killing our app crash free metrics for about 1 month now. We've tracked the problem down to Vuforia being enabled in Unity. The crash is very simple:

When the user kills the app by double clicking home button and swiping up to kill the app we're receiving a crash that we can't debug and find exactly where the problem is. By trial and error, we were able to track down the problem by using Vuforia+Unity...

Unity+Vuforia ios crash on exit - Urgent
  • Hololens App distorts unity camera I have run into something strange. Whenever I stream from the hololens onto a nearby laptop using the hololens app from the microsoft store, it enlarges the GUI on my unity scenes. It only does this while it is streaming. Any ideas as to what may cau...