Forums

• Unity Gravity on SteamVR Player Hi

I'm using the SteamVR Plugin on Unity 5.6.

I've created a simple road in Unity which I have added a collider and rigibody to and enabled Kinematic

I then have the "Player" camera asset which I took from the SteamVR Interaction scene, but applied a rigibody with gravity and a box collider.

So when I run my game I can walk around, and this all works well.

The problem is, if I look up and press forward (W key), I can go into the air, and gravity doesn't seem to bring me back down.

And...

Unity Gravity on SteamVR Player
  • Rendering incorrectly on device after building Cardboard project to Daydream After having decided to try my cardboard project out on daydream I've run into some trouble.

In the image attached below you can se how the render looks on the screen after i play my build with the settings changed for daydream. Definitely not right, but there are no error messages in the editor. Everything looks right when playing the game in the editor, but not when running it on my android phone.

I've followed this:...

Rendering incorrectly on device after building Cardboard project to Daydream
  • How to split SteamVR Camera into Left/Right ? Hi all --

I have a special use case where I need to render an object that doesn't actually exist in the space -- I do this by aligning one version with the right eye, and one version with the left eye -- each is rendering a different texture which accounts properly for any stereo properties. However, a little bit of the right object is visible from the left eye and vice versa.

I need to have a couple of separate layers -- one for only the right eye, one for only the left eye. The standard...

How to split SteamVR Camera into Left/Right ?
  • Re-post. Please remove Sorry, re-post. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete threads.
  • ARKit Anchor Image tracking – slow updates when marker is moving Hi, I was following this tutorial https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/02/16/developing-for-arkit-1-5-update-using-unity-arkit-plugin/ and I manage to track a marker image and display the AxesPrefab on top of it. The marker is tracked very well when the mar...
  • Recurring limitation: Camera feed lag in Android Hello, Currently in Android the Vuforia camera feed lags when any Android native dialog overlays the app and I think this should be reported officially by the Vuforia team. This issue has been reported for more than 1 year and 1 month of silence from...
  • Known issue when developing with Vuforia 7, Xcode 9.3 and iOS 11.3 beta (ARKit 1.5) Hello all, There is a known issue when using: Vuforia 7 Xcode 9.3 Devices running iOS 11.3 beta && support ARKit (version 1.5, bundled with iOS 11.3 beta) When developing with these versions, you may observe a camera preview that renders a bl...
  • How to create HeatMap in Unity Hi,

I am currently implementing heatmap, and I found a tutorial onlinehttp://www.alanzucconi.com/2016/01/27/arrays-shaders-heatmaps-in-unity3d/#more-2003. It's passing the array to shakers, However it doesn't wok with the 5.4 version. So here's the question, how should I create the heatmap with Texture2DArray API provided by Unity?
    Thank you so much.
  • [OpenVR, Mac, Editor] HTC Vive is not detected in Editor mode, but works in Build Hi,

I just started to experiment with OpenVR on Mac and found out that my HTC Vive headset is not being detected in Unity Editor mode, while it works nicely in Build. Of course it's quite annoying to fully rebuild and run app each time, so I'm looking for solution for this. Did anyone faced this problem? Maybe I need to run Unity process with some special flag, as it can be done for build?
  • Best starter setup for an AR map app with 3d models Hi,

I'm just starting with Unity and I'm looking for an advise what's the easiest way to get this working:

- I have a 3D model of a street in Berlin.
    - I would like build an app to walk through this street in real world but see the 3D model I have on my mobile.

I had a look and there are soo many ways and assets: Mapbox SDK, GoMap, WRLD, Vuforia...

What would be the easiest way to get my idea working with basic coding skills?

Best
    Joerg
  • Single-Pass Stereo rendering causes double vision. When using Single-Pass Stereo, my game will switch, mid playthrough, to a double vision which looks like this: Note that this does not happen immediately at start but always eventually happens. It will even split the screen into 4ths sometimes li...
  • Unable to deploy app Hello I am trying to build a simple cube test viewed using the Hololens emulator.. but I am getting constant errors during deployment.... I have Visual Studio 15 update 2 installed with ALL tools... and I am using the Unity Hololens editor.... The ...
  • deploy unity build to oculus go does anyone have a link to a step-by-step deployment of a unity build to an oculus go? thanks gary
  • Error building Vuforia Core Samples on Android Hi,

i alredy download Vuforia Core Samples from Asset Store.
    I install Unity 2017.2.0b2 (64-bit) version with Vuforia pack.

Player Editor plays well, but meet 64error when building android version:Assets/Common/CameraSettings.cs(11,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Vuforia' could not be found...
    Are you missing an assembly reference?

Can developer help to solve this issue?

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
  • Implementing a normal “2d”? twitch stream into a vr app – how? Hey guys, I’m working on a project and one of the things I want to be able to do is display a twitch stream in my app, I don’t need it to be 360 video or anything like that, just a simple twitch stream that I can watch in vr. There are no tutorials or ...