Forums

• HMD removed or put on I have noticed that this code only says the user in present with a Vive Code (csharp):   if (XRDevice.userPresence == UserPresenceState.Present)         {             Debug.Log&#...
  • Vuforia errors on iOS Build I imported Vuforia to use with my project the same way I did previously when I was working with ImageTargets, but now with Ground Planes (and probably a Vuforia update) I'm not able to build the project for iOS without the following errors. Is there something else I need to import? Or is this an issue with the Vuforia libraries?

View attachment 281597
  • Clipping objects “behind” a higher plane I have been playing with ARCore a bit this morning (and I am pretty new to Unity). Any thoughts on how to clip part of an object if it is "behind" a higher plane? You can see in this picture, their is a surface detected that is the coffe...
  • Clipping plane shader Hello, Any idea on how to create a transparent shader for a mesh plane so that my 3D model will be visible only above the plane , giving a feel that it emerges from the AR tag. View attachment 281590
  • Implementing Recenter button like full dive If you had tried full dive app on your phones, you must have noticed the button to recenter your headset. It appears as you gaze the floor, follows a circular orbit and also follows the position of the reticle(attached image). I'm trying to implement a button similar to that, can any suggest me a way to do it. Thanks in advance!
  • Vuforia Suport For Linux Editor When will the Linux editor get proper Vuforia support? According to users in this thread here, the Unity Editor for Linux supports the legacy Vuforia download for Unity. So it seems there's no real reason except the lack of the option in the installer.

Just to clarify, I'm not asking about a Linux build target. I'm asking about Vuforia SDK support for the Unity Editor on Linux. Seems there was a...

Vuforia Suport For Linux Editor
  • 2018.1 IL2CPP VRModule stripping issue ++++ NOTE: this has been resolved in 2018.1.2f1 and higher ++++

In initial 2018.1 releases, the VRModule engine code can get stripped out of builds in certain situations. If you notice that your built project doesn't correctly enter VR Mode when run, it could be due to this issue. Here are the settings where this can occur:

1) VR is enabled.
    2) Scripting Backend is set to 'IL2CPP'.
    3) Strip Engine Code is checked. (this is the default when IL2CPP is enabled)
    4) No scripts in the project...

2018.1 IL2CPP VRModule stripping issue
  • Multiplayer Google Cardboard with UNet? Hi everyone. I was hoping to make a Google Cardboard (and eventually Daydream) app multiplayer. I expected it to be fairly straightforward. Make and spawn a player prefab with everything attached. I'm only turning on the Cardboard stuff if it's the local player. This prevents the situation where there's several cameras rendering at once.

When I only have one player in the scene, the camera renders appropriately. However when I add in other players, I get the error message - "There can only...

Multiplayer Google Cardboard with UNet?
  • Drawing in Unity (VR) Hi so, ive been messing around with a concept for a future project but im having issues attempting to figure out how this would work. So in short, your able to draw in VR - something just like Tilt Brush. But upon completion of a set design or image ...
  • Floor calibration of mixed reality inside unity Hello, i would like to calibrate floor of the mixed reality from inside my app, the same way we can do it using "Room Adjustment". Is that possible? I am using SteamVR with . I think at a possible solution, but it might not be a pr...
  • Tap to position the object once Hi,

I'm trying to get an object placed on a ground plan once. I already added the DeployStageOnce script from Vuforia, but I have problems getting the object placed in front of the camera. Also, I want the object being placed only once and when it's placed it can't be moved anymore.

I want something like this
    https://imgur.com/jGJQkyk

--Cynthia
  • Problem with iOS release and Vuforia Hi,

i made an app for iOS using Unity 2017.4.0 and Vuforia.
    After release at App Store, i get very weird results:
    On one 7s Plus i get black screen
    On another 7s everything is fine
    On 6s i have some bugs (with screen record mechanic, not Vuforia)
    And 5s doesn't see app on store.

Can somebody help me with that?

Thx!
  • I’m need help Hey gays!) I cant building for android on vuforia.
    What's problem?
    View attachment 281443
  • ARCore – Lean touch – Move object in X and Z axis (I want to Lock Y axis) Hi,
    I have created object moving app using ARCore. for object move purpose I have used Lean touch it works fine, But I want to lock axis Y it's overlapping my ground plan.
    Please help to solve this issue.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sweetan M
  • Location-based Points of Interest Good morning!

I've been unable to find an asset that produced points of interest.

OpenStreetMap provides a planet.osm file that includes all POI. And you can decrease the file size by getting North America data only.

Has anyone found an asset that provides POI? Or would I need to place the planet.osm data into a database?