Forums

• Replace Andy object Hi,

When I try to replace the Andy object with a model I made in C4D it doesn't spawn. Do I have to prepare the object in some way so it will spawn the right way?

Sometimes it gets spawned but not on the anchor I tapped on. It's somewhere in the space floating and when I try to approach it, it disappears or shifts place.

Thank you in advance
    Cynthia
  • Getting gestures to work in Unity editor I've created an empty GameObject in my scene, added a Canvas and a Panel on it, then a GazeGestureManager on it - similar to the origami demo. Does this work from the emulator in the Unity Editor? I really want to see this working for demo purposes.
  • Hololens voice input – choose options Hi, I want to choose from a couple of options, like: Open item 1 Open item 2 ... Open item 100Click to expand... which would call public void OpenItem(int id) { ... } Change color red Change color blue ... Change color purpl...
  • Hololens Issue wit InteractionManager (sourcelossrisk and selectpressed) Hey people,

I'm new to Hololens dev and I'm going through the examples from the hololens academy. Currently, I'm playing around with 211, the chapter talking about gestures and hand tracking. The third section describes hand guidance to provide feedback when a tracked hand is near the boundary of view of the hololens. This example doesn't work and I believe the issue is with interactionmanager. When I select an object, the state returned from InteractionSourceUpdatedEventArgs always has...

Hololens Issue wit InteractionManager (sourcelossrisk and selectpressed)
  • GVR Reticle works in the editor but not in the actual app on phone I am making an app where I am using the GVR reticle pointer to start playing a video on a sprite after I click on it. (Google Cardboard sdk for unity.) I have set up all the required components on the sprite (collider, event trigger, videoplayer, play() on PointerClick etc.). It works flawlessly inside the editor (with GVREditorEmulator included in the scene.) However, after building the same scene as an android app, the reticle pointer stops working on the phone. It just doesn't detect the...

GVR Reticle works in the editor but not in the actual app on phone
  • Stop and restart arkit tracking session Hi, I'm struggling searching to find a way to stop and restart arkit tracking (for example if I have tracked my desk, and I wanted to track the floor). I uploaded a gif of an app that does what I want...

I want to remain in the camera view and restart the tracking, but when I try to do that, the app remembers the old planes it found.

Could you help me?
  • Controller the paddle on a breakout Game I'm trying to create a game similar to brick break but in AR.
    basically the paddle that will kick the ball will be controlled via an image target, when vuforia detects that image target it'll create the paddle on top of it, I'm stuck figuring out how to do this.
  • Use AR Camera (Vuforia.Core) in individual Scene, not entire project? Probably being dense here, would not be the first time. Working with 2017.2.0f2 and have enabled Vuforia for my project, however I have certain scenes that have no AR requirements. Enabling Vuforia means every scene currently is setup (at runtime) wit...
  • Best Practices for reducing battery drain Does anybody have any thoughts/tips on how to reduce the overhead on AR apps generally? Getting alarming amounts of battery drain running AR on mobile devices. Just two minutes of use can drain a battery from 100% to about 40%! Most users won't put up with that I suspect.
  • Change Text Mesh Pro Text with trigger Hello,

I'm trying to change the text of a TextMeshPro component which is attached to a canvas in front of the camera.

I would like it to change when the player interacts with a collide. I have a basic idea of how to set this up but cannot get it to work.
  • Instant Preview not working in HelloVR demo with Pixel 2 As stated, I'm finding the documentation of Daydream View 2 absolutely infuriating.

I go through the instructions step by step to test Instant Preview on the HelloVR Demo Scene:

-Android platform selected
    -Android version to Nougat 7.0
    -VR for Daydream enabled in Player Settings
    -USB Debugging enabled on phone
    -USB plugged in and set file transfer (as opposed to charging only)

Press play in the editor and receive:
    "Virtual Reality SDK Daydream is not supported in Editor Play Mode. Please...

Instant Preview not working in HelloVR demo with Pixel 2
  • AR: Samsung S9+ rear cam Hi !

I'm upgrading my phone and will develope for AR. I'm looking at samsung, does the second rear camera on the S9+ that the S9 doesn't have provide any further functionality for AR?

Thanks for your help !
  • Making the moving object independent of the camera Hi, I have made Augmented Reality game using Unity and Vuforia, but I have a problem. The game has a ball. How to make it independent of the phone camera when the ball is thrown ? Thank you all.
  • Welcome to Vuforia! Hello Everyone

We're excited to join the Unity forums community!

The Vuforia AR app development platform is now integrated in the Unity 2017.2 Editor (currently in beta) and delivered through the Unity download assistant.

If you're not already familiar with Vuforia - we're the world’s most widely used AR platform. Vuforia makes it easy to develop cross-platform (Android, iOS & UWP) apps for the latest handheld and headworn devices using the best enabling...

Welcome to Vuforia!
  • gvr release notes history? umm.. where did the release notes history went from GVR page?

I think there used to be list of changes in the google gvr site,
    but now it just points into https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk/releases
    and that page doesn't have full history notes in older packages..

(searching for what happened to CardboardHead class..)

*founded this, but it stops at 0.6..
    https://github.com/jkammerl/cardboard-unity/blob/master/CHANGELOG

gvr release notes history?