- HoloLens Menu Centered Hey guys,
I am working on creating an app in hololens however I am having trouble get the menu centered. We have it setup to where the user can either walk or use a Xbox controller. The issue is that the button used to enable/disable the menu doesn't always place it in the screen center. I fear that since we have the camera is the child of the empty game object that is used to move the camera, that it is causing issues with the alignment.
I am thinking of attempting to it create when...
HoloLens Menu Centered
- Device Portal – Virtual Input to trigger Hololens Hello,
I'd like to use a laptop's keyboard to trigger some behaviors on Hololens using Device Portal / Virtual Input.
I tried using this kind of code in Unity:
But when I deploy the app on the Hololens, and send the keystroke using Device Portal / Virtual Input, the app doesn't recognize the keystroke:...
Device Portal - Virtual Input to trigger Hololens
- Can’t deploy built solution to one of the two HoloLens headsets through Wi-Fi This is the same question as this forum post here, but reworded to prevent spamming.
I don't understand why my solution is not being deployed to a HoloLens headset that's connected by Wi-Fi, even if it's on the same network as my laptop where the deployment is made.
Connected to an unsecured Wi-Fi network, one of the two HoloLens headsets can have apps be deployed by Wi-Fi or by USB.. The other one, though, can only have a...
Can't deploy built solution to one of the two HoloLens headsets through Wi-Fi
- Drawing a rectangle/bounding box on display and getting image bytes within it Upon a voice command (e.g. "bounding box") or maybe a gesture, I want to create a bounding box around a portion of the HoloLens display. Perhaps this would require a gesture where I set the location and size of the rectangle. Then, I'd like to grab the bytes of the image contained within the rectangle - essentially crop the image. Can anyone point me to some good tutorials/code for this? I will report back on my progress.
- Galaxy S8 crash Hi all, I dont have an S8+ but many players have reported that my Daydream game is crashing for them on their device almost at the start. It has been working flawleslhy in all the other devices for months so I was wondering if someone else here is hav...
- ARCore Camera texture stops updating yet tracking continues Hi
I have an issue using Unity 2017.3.1p3 where the camera texture can sometimes stop updating - ie it freezes - and yet tracking still continues, so then the screen is no longer being cleared(as the Unity camera is Depth only clear) , which is obviously results in a bit of a mess.
My app has to run on iOS and Android. I was using Vuforia's ground plane - only to my recent dismay finding out that ARcore was not being used yet, despite them claiming that it would be when ARcore reached 1.0....
ARCore Camera texture stops updating yet tracking continues
- How to set physical safety region for 6DOF daydream? GvrHeadset class has functions for getting the safety boundary type and size, but how would one set it.
Also it's on by default if positional tracking is supported, how would one switch it off?
- Samsung S8 Daydream crash – split application binary We are developing applications for Google Daydream and our application exceedes requested size for Google Play store. We have to divide it into apk file and obb file. Divided application works well on Google pixel, but does not work on Samsung Galaxy S...
- ARCore with UnityRemote and the Device Camera Hi Friends, I am embarking on AR development and very excited about it. I am hitting a wall here though and think some code may need hacking to make Unity Remote use the Android Camera in the unity editor. I have an S8 and the 2017.3.1f1 Persona...
- Unity + ARKit – General iOS integration questions I'm looking into switching from SceneKit to Unity, on top of ARKit.
Currently with SceneKit, I'm integrating with other areas of the system, for example I'm using the location from CoreLocation to create a location-based experience, where I position objects given a coordinate in relation to the user, and their coordinate.
I'm wondering how the integration with iOS works in Unity, and whether I'll be able to continue doing that. I'm fine to re-write a lot of my controlling-the-scene code in...
Unity + ARKit - General iOS integration questions
- How to support Daydream View remote on iOS? I've been working with Cardboard VR on iOS, and that's been great. But I'm looking somewhat longingly at the Daydream View, and its remote. This Reddit thread claims that the remote can be accessed on iPhone via Bluetooth, but app support for this is rare/unknown.
Can we support the View remote on iOS in Unity? How would we go about it?
For starters, I'd be satisfied just to get a...
How to support Daydream View remote on iOS?
- HLS works on android, not iOS Anyone found a way to stream HLS on iOS? I was using the cardboard Pano video example with a 360 video streamed in HLS (.m3u8), works great on Android, can't play on iOS. From my understanding now, iOS only supports cardboard and not daydream, and daydream is needed for HLS using the Cardboard sdk? The VR works on iOS, just not streaming video....
Is there any other format I should be looking at before chunking the mp4 into a bunch of smaller mp4s and manually loading different chunks? I...
HLS works on android, not iOS
- We got ARCore to work with GearVR We went to a hackathon last week and developed a small game/demo.
Here's a video:
There wasn't API call to get the webcam texture in Unity, and we didn't had time to wrap the Java API, so we edited the background shader, to change the scale of the webcam image.
Also, the device got hot really fast.
But it works!
I think it'll be better for VR than MR, but we need to think about a way for the player to...
We got ARCore to work with GearVR
- Size of tracked plane Hi guys, I’m trying to create an anchor on a tracked plane if it matches a desired size. Centering it on that plane. Tracked plane Extent is where I believe I should start digging around, but I was curious if anyone has done something similar in the ...
- Daydream and LWRP Support Hi all!
I've been experimenting with Daydream and the Lightweight Render Pipeline, and have had no success.
Running LWRP 1.1.2-preview, with Unity 2018.1b12, on a Google Pixel 1, and the GVR plugin, results in all LW materials failing to render entirely- showing only the skybox material. This is with the provided sample scene.
The only issue that gets spit out into the console is:
Assertion failed: OPENGL NATIVE PLUG-IN ERROR: GL_INVALID_OPERATION: Operation illegal in current...
Daydream and LWRP Support