Forums

• Known issue when developing with Vuforia 7, Xcode 9.3 and iOS 11.3 beta (ARKit 1.5) Hello all, There is a known issue when using: Vuforia 7 Xcode 9.3 Devices running iOS 11.3 beta && support ARKit (version 1.5, bundled with iOS 11.3 beta) When developing with these versions, you may observe a camera preview that renders a bl...
  • How to create HeatMap in Unity Hi,

I am currently implementing heatmap, and I found a tutorial onlinehttp://www.alanzucconi.com/2016/01/27/arrays-shaders-heatmaps-in-unity3d/#more-2003. It's passing the array to shakers, However it doesn't wok with the 5.4 version. So here's the question, how should I create the heatmap with Texture2DArray API provided by Unity?
    Thank you so much.
  • [OpenVR, Mac, Editor] HTC Vive is not detected in Editor mode, but works in Build Hi,

I just started to experiment with OpenVR on Mac and found out that my HTC Vive headset is not being detected in Unity Editor mode, while it works nicely in Build. Of course it's quite annoying to fully rebuild and run app each time, so I'm looking for solution for this. Did anyone faced this problem? Maybe I need to run Unity process with some special flag, as it can be done for build?
  • Best starter setup for an AR map app with 3d models Hi,

I'm just starting with Unity and I'm looking for an advise what's the easiest way to get this working:

- I have a 3D model of a street in Berlin.
    - I would like build an app to walk through this street in real world but see the 3D model I have on my mobile.

I had a look and there are soo many ways and assets: Mapbox SDK, GoMap, WRLD, Vuforia...

What would be the easiest way to get my idea working with basic coding skills?

Best
    Joerg
  • Single-Pass Stereo rendering causes double vision. When using Single-Pass Stereo, my game will switch, mid playthrough, to a double vision which looks like this: Note that this does not happen immediately at start but always eventually happens. It will even split the screen into 4ths sometimes li...
  • Unable to deploy app Hello I am trying to build a simple cube test viewed using the Hololens emulator.. but I am getting constant errors during deployment.... I have Visual Studio 15 update 2 installed with ALL tools... and I am using the Unity Hololens editor.... The ...
  • deploy unity build to oculus go does anyone have a link to a step-by-step deployment of a unity build to an oculus go? thanks gary
  • Error building Vuforia Core Samples on Android Hi,

i alredy download Vuforia Core Samples from Asset Store.
    I install Unity 2017.2.0b2 (64-bit) version with Vuforia pack.

Player Editor plays well, but meet 64error when building android version:Assets/Common/CameraSettings.cs(11,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Vuforia' could not be found...
    Are you missing an assembly reference?

Can developer help to solve this issue?

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors
  • Implementing a normal “2d”? twitch stream into a vr app – how? Hey guys, I’m working on a project and one of the things I want to be able to do is display a twitch stream in my app, I don’t need it to be 360 video or anything like that, just a simple twitch stream that I can watch in vr. There are no tutorials or ...
  • Is there a more advanced ARCore template / tutorial? First: ARCore is most awesome :) I've dug through the hello world tutorial, checked the code and then added my own stuff, but now I'm wondering if I'm re-inventing the wheel and if there is a more advanced tutorial for developers. Surely everyone needs

* a developer menu
    * developer log
    * a button to reset all
    * several menu buttons to perform actions, change settings and what not
    * a collider on the tracked plane so your objects don't fall through
    * a button to toggle the tracked plane...

Is there a more advanced ARCore template / tutorial?
  • How to get Unity/Vuforia AR app to work on iPhone Hi! I have made an app with Unity and Vuforia that shows a movie when I hold up a marker (picture on a paper). It is working on my mac but when I export it to Xcode it makes an app on my iphone and I can hear the sound of my film, but nothing is showed...
  • Vuforia initialization and deinitialization I've been working with Vuforia a lot in the last 1,5 years and let me say, that it's a great piece of software I am glad exists. But I feel like Vuforia is making it incredibly hard for developers to decide THEMSELF when to use Vuforia and when not in an application.

Something along the line:

VuforiaRuntime.Instance.StartBeingAwesomeAndTakeWhatYouNeed()

and

VuforiaRuntime.Instace.StopWhateverYouAreDoingAndFreeUpTheResourcesYouAreUsingRightNowUntilIStartYouAgain()

In Unity 2017.3 I've...

Vuforia initialization and deinitialization
  • Oculus rift:Head pos varies on different PCs Cracking my head and searching highh and low for this solution.

Game is designed on PC 1, compiles and runs fine, position, tracking, all good.

Export the exe, to PC 2
    the head position is off arbitrarily. Devised a pesky workaround requiring players to 'edit' his pos x y z for each session.

Question : how do i ensure pos is transferable regardless of the rift setup on the other PC?
    o_O
  • Using Zed Stereo Camera with Unity I am using Zed stereo Camera to create 3D reconstruction from real scene. After using the ZEDfu software, the program returns an .obj file of the entire mesh, that will be imported later into Unity. Is there a way to get 3D reconstruction directly fro...
  • Point light in AR Hi everyone, it seems that I've encountered a problem, during the development of my AR app.
    (Probably a noob question but OK)

I've got a target image, and the related AR object that appears when you frame the image is a Cyber Soldier (downloaded from the Assets Store).
    So now, I'd like to create the shadow for my soldier. I've created the plane, but when i set the Point Light behind
    the Soldier, the light stops at him and lights his back up.

How can I make the light "pass through" the...

Point light in AR