Forums

• Controller the paddle on a breakout Game I'm trying to create a game similar to brick break but in AR.
    basically the paddle that will kick the ball will be controlled via an image target, when vuforia detects that image target it'll create the paddle on top of it, I'm stuck figuring out how to do this.
  • Use AR Camera (Vuforia.Core) in individual Scene, not entire project? Probably being dense here, would not be the first time. Working with 2017.2.0f2 and have enabled Vuforia for my project, however I have certain scenes that have no AR requirements. Enabling Vuforia means every scene currently is setup (at runtime) wit...
  • Best Practices for reducing battery drain Does anybody have any thoughts/tips on how to reduce the overhead on AR apps generally? Getting alarming amounts of battery drain running AR on mobile devices. Just two minutes of use can drain a battery from 100% to about 40%! Most users won't put up with that I suspect.
  • Change Text Mesh Pro Text with trigger Hello,

I'm trying to change the text of a TextMeshPro component which is attached to a canvas in front of the camera.

I would like it to change when the player interacts with a collide. I have a basic idea of how to set this up but cannot get it to work.
  • Instant Preview not working in HelloVR demo with Pixel 2 As stated, I'm finding the documentation of Daydream View 2 absolutely infuriating.

I go through the instructions step by step to test Instant Preview on the HelloVR Demo Scene:

-Android platform selected
    -Android version to Nougat 7.0
    -VR for Daydream enabled in Player Settings
    -USB Debugging enabled on phone
    -USB plugged in and set file transfer (as opposed to charging only)

Press play in the editor and receive:
    "Virtual Reality SDK Daydream is not supported in Editor Play Mode. Please...

Instant Preview not working in HelloVR demo with Pixel 2
  • AR: Samsung S9+ rear cam Hi !

I'm upgrading my phone and will develope for AR. I'm looking at samsung, does the second rear camera on the S9+ that the S9 doesn't have provide any further functionality for AR?

Thanks for your help !
  • Making the moving object independent of the camera Hi, I have made Augmented Reality game using Unity and Vuforia, but I have a problem. The game has a ball. How to make it independent of the phone camera when the ball is thrown ? Thank you all.
  • Welcome to Vuforia! Hello Everyone

We're excited to join the Unity forums community!

The Vuforia AR app development platform is now integrated in the Unity 2017.2 Editor (currently in beta) and delivered through the Unity download assistant.

If you're not already familiar with Vuforia - we're the world’s most widely used AR platform. Vuforia makes it easy to develop cross-platform (Android, iOS & UWP) apps for the latest handheld and headworn devices using the best enabling...

Welcome to Vuforia!
  • gvr release notes history? umm.. where did the release notes history went from GVR page?

I think there used to be list of changes in the google gvr site,
    but now it just points into https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk/releases
    and that page doesn't have full history notes in older packages..

(searching for what happened to CardboardHead class..)

*founded this, but it stops at 0.6..
    https://github.com/jkammerl/cardboard-unity/blob/master/CHANGELOG

gvr release notes history?
  • ARCore + Vuforia Or Alternative Hi Guys, Pretty simple. Trying to get some marker based technology in ARCore. So I have a marker in the world (can either be a image or geometry, whichever is easier), which is reconised and a GameObject is then Instantiated at that point. From there ...
  • Vuforia 7 bugs and problems Hi,

I just wanted to raise a few issues that I've encountered with Vuforia 7 after upgrading my project to the newest Unity build:

1. iPhone X camera is noticeably lower resolution than in Vuforia 6: despite setting the Device Mode to CAMERA_OPTIMIZE_QUALITY. I can attach screenshots if anybody needs that.

2. Camera autofocus is not working with either iPhone 6 or iPhone X. Not tested on Android device yet, but despite explicitly switching the focus mode to FOCUS_MODE_CONTINUOUSAUTO it...

Vuforia 7 bugs and problems
  • ARKit remote with anchor Hi, is the ARKit remote being extended to be used with anchor image tracking? It would be extremely useful to have this feature. Thanks
  • vuforia with kit-kat 4.4.4 hi sir i use vuforia for scan target and play alpha channel video it work fine on any system but if the system is kitkat 4.4.4 it not work fine hang the tab, can i get any help ?
  • How to get the position of a Hololens Clicker? I want to control a gameobject with a clicker movement,so i want to get the position of Clicker.I try to use the method below,but its no work,the method "TryGetPosition()" always return 0.How to solve the problem,thx for reply. InteractionM...
  • Vuforia-Cloud Recognisation not working I am using Cloud reco for Unity and it doesn't identifying Targets from cloud. steps i done for configuring Vuforia in unity is below :

Unity 5.5.0f3 (64-bit)
    - Download Vuforia 6.5
    - Add licence key in Vuforia Configuration
    - Drag AR Camera from Prefab
    - Drag Cloud Recognisition Prefab
    - Drag Image Target Prefab
    - In cloud recognisition add Secret key and Access key
    - in image target select Image Target type : Cloud reco
    - but it is not working

Unity 2017.2.0.0f3 (64-bit)
    - Download...

Vuforia-Cloud Recognisation not working