Forums

• What do I need for occlusion ? I was attempting to write a script that would turn the mesh renderers off if they are behind a vertical surface with AR kit 1.5. I tried to do this by taking all the game objects in the scene that didn't have a tag "Plane". Then got the direction from the camera to the object, I would cast a ray from the camera towards the current object. If it hit anything other than the current object, in this case vertical planes, it would disable the mesh renderer. Didn't work as expected so after...

What do I need for occlusion ?
  • Drag object (Move, Scale, Rotate) on surface in ARCore Hi, I want to create an object draggable(Move, scale, rotate) on the surface. please help me. Thank you.
  • Introducing ARCore: An Android AR SDK for Unity ​Google ARCore SDK preview for Unity requires Unity 2017.20b9 or later and Android API SDK v24 or higher. ARCore enables AR development for the Android ecosystem. With ARCore you can create brand new AR experiences for Android or extend existi...
  • projet convert video 2D to virtual reality 3D in Unity with Oculus Rift Hello, I post this topic to see if it was possible to make an application to convert a 2D video into a virtual reality video. Know that the video will not be exactly like a real 3D movie. The rendering of the video will not be like the ones that are m...
  • Click a Button with Daydream Controller Hello, i want to click a Button, which is on a Canvas in world space. How can i do this, using a Google Daydream Controller? i have GvrControllerMain, GvrEventSystem, and GvrControllerPointer (sibling to camera) in my hierarchy. On the canvas i replac...
  • ARKit 1.5 has been released (ios 11.3 is rolling out) I have merged the "Spring2018_update" branch on Bitbucket to the default, since iOS 11.3 is rolling out today, and ARKit 1.5 is included within. This means you can publish some apps on the store that use the new ARKit 1.5 features! For mo...
  • Taking pictures from the Unity editor I'm trying to follow the instructions here to get pictures working from the emulator in the Unity editor, but so far I keep seeing: Failed capturing photo (hr = 0xC00D3704). Does taking pictures work from the emulator in the Unity Editor?
  • xcode project generation bug in Windows. Please fix it in the next version. I know where is the bug now.
    In the Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor.dll, there is a class named PostProcessBuildPlayer in the namespace Vuforia.EditorClasses.
    There's a line hard code like below. The bug is caused by it.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. private static void ProcessPbxProj(string xCodeProjFileName, PostProcessBuildPlayer.Framework resFiles)
    2. {
    3.                     //...
    4.                     streamWriter.BaseStream.Seek(-3L, SeekOrigin.Current);...
    xcode project generation bug in Windows. Please fix it in the next version.
  • Arkit anchor position How to fix the position of the object after detcted surface, when i am trying move close to the object it moves away. I want exactly how "ar dragon" app fixing the position of dragon after summon and disabling the plane detection.
  • Day dream permission demo Hello all I need to use READ_PHONE_STATE to know my phone number. However, I tried using PermissionsDemo created in Day dream but the permission request popup was not created. How should I use it?
  • SetDestination shows a different value than the one being set I'm trying to use the dynamic path-finding API of Unity to implement an indoor-navigation like feature in using a HoloLens.

However, when I call the agent's setDestination method and observe the value of destination in the very next line, the value of agent's destination is incorrect.

Any help is appreciated.
  • Unable to merge android manifests CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to merge android manifests. See the Console for more details.
    C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_111\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:\Users\Ideapad\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -

stderr[

]
    stdout[
    Warning: Missing 'package' attribute in manifest.
    Warning:...

Unable to merge android manifests
  • Video player not smooth I made an app by adding a tracker and one video that I show on a quad.
    MP4 Video comes from a URL and its size is around 1MB, sample: https://www.iranatlas.info/games/steep.mp4
    The issue is after 30ish seconds it stops and doesn't play rest of the video.
  • Is CoreLocation Framework bunled with ARKit? Hey guys,

I've built a business app for a customer with a desire to use ARKit. They made a security audit of the app and now complain that it is using geo-location but doesn't need it (and shouldn't because of company guidelines).

I don't use the geolocation capabilities of iOS and the app doesn't ask for permission.

The only hint I could find, is that the CoreLocation Framework is embedded. Could it be, that this comes bundled with ARKit?

Best, Jan
  • XRDevice.userPresence and Samsung Odyssey I am trying to use XRDevice.userPresence to detect when a user has put on or taken off a headset, but it seems to only work after a minute of having the headset off with no motion. Can Unity confirm that it is only motion detection used for the Samsung Odyssey and not the sensor? I would like to see if I can check immediately when the user removes or puts back on the headset if possible, like the Oculus Rift does. any other pertinent information regarding how Unity's XRDevice.userPresence...

XRDevice.userPresence and Samsung Odyssey