- Teleport and point and click Are there any resources that show me how to teleport using the touch controller and also click on objects and interact with them? I thought that using Daydream elements teleporter and restrict the raycast to layers would do the trick and then non tele...
- a little question about Oculus Could anyone describe how to setup it in project or give a link ? Is it works without problems ? I've seen somewhere (probably on this forum) some guy was explaining that, but it was for older version and not applicable for a new one (OVR version).
- Reading a file (xml) from StreamingAssets I'm trying to open an XML from StreamingAssets, but when running the app on hololens, the following error occurs:Code (csharp):
- UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\HoloDemoVS.Release_x86.razie\Data\StreamingAssets\airplanes2.dat' is denied.
- at System.IO.Win32FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES...
Reading a file (xml) from StreamingAssets
- Use 360 panorama image in cardboard Hy, only a short question: Is it possible to use 360 panorama images rendered from within Unity in Cardboard or other viewers? With Cardboard i mean the GoogleCradboard app. I rendered 360 panorama images with Code (csharp): _cam.RenderToCubemap&...
- SteamVR & VIVE Tracker with Player prefab Hi, I work in Unity with SteamVR and I bought the VIVE trackers. I watched some tutorials but they do their setup with the basic CameraRig. I want to use the trackers with the Player prefab from the InteractionSystem of SteamVR. I was suprised to se...
- Changing XRSettings is not allowed in play mode I have to turn off VR support in runtime for some reasons. I suppose XRSettings.enabled = false is working but it is not the case. When I check Player Setting in the Editor it shows "Changing XRSettings is not allowed in play mode". I am usi...
- Dual graphics card setup? Non-SLI I feel like the idea of using SLI for VR has never really been recommended but I was curious if anyone has had experience using a Rift/Vive/etc.. one one card and monitors on another. I recently tried this with my Oculus rift and upon first gland it w...
- Unity Desktop UI View for Mixed Reality Experience Hi all,
I'm working on a wmr VR experience where the VR user (ie. the headset wearer) has their experience monitored and controlled via a standard Unity UI by a second person (ie. the operator) on the tethered PC . So, for example, the operator starts the experience, selects a scenario, and restarts the experience for the headset wearer.
Is this achievalble with wmr? When I build and run my appbundle the experience runs fine, but there is no Unity UI visible in the wmr portal.
Unity Desktop UI View for Mixed Reality Experience
- Looking for Virtual Reality CPR simulation for research purposes I am Dr. Naren Nallapeta, a research assistant at the University of Miami Geriatrics research committee. We are looking for people who can help us with a research project for which we will be needing a virtual reality animation for the Oculus rift. Th...
- What are the benefits to using VRTK over SteamVR? I've been using VRTK, but I may need to abandon it. Not because of technical reasons, rather other reasons that have nothing to do with the VRTK itself.
I just started looking at SteamVR, it looks like it may have everything I want... Supports Oculus, Vive. Has some pre-defined scripts, a decent example scene to learn from and some useful prefabs to reuse.
I started with VRTK because I thought SteamVR only supported Vive and after taking a quick peek at SteamVR, it seems as though I could...
What are the benefits to using VRTK over SteamVR?
- Are ready for the future of 3D design? Show your skills in VR-modelling! MARUI-PlugIn is challenging all Maya users to create a model in VR using the MARUI VR plug-in software. The winner will be invited to visit our headquarters in Osaka, Japan for one full week. The contest will be starting on August 17th until August 31s...
- Multiple HMDs in the same room setup, acheiving identical configs? Yesterday I setup two Vives for the first time in the same playspace and began developing a networked test game.
Before I got too far ahead of myself i was wondering how similar two room setups would be on two different PCs where both were calibrated in the same room by the same person?
Would both have a good linear relationship when compared to each other? In other words, if two ppl share the same playspace then would all player's hands meet at the same point in all four corners...
Multiple HMDs in the same room setup, acheiving identical configs?
- Performance implications of stereo SBS vs Over / Under in panoramic shader videos Are there any performance implications of videos with SBS aspect ratios vs Over / Under when using the panoramic shader? Stereo SBS videos have a 4:1 aspect ratio, which makes it seem possible that they're less performant than a 1:1 Over / Under video source, but I don't understand enough of what's going on under the hood to know for sure.
- SteamVR build issue Hello,
I have an issue with building steamVR project.
I can play in editor and everything works fine.
When I build the project and test, nothing happen in he headset. It remains in the white space and I can't do nothing. But I can see the build is launched because I see my scene on my computer screen.
On my first try, it wasn't able to find open_vr.dll but I copied the file from plugin to my build.exe folder.
there is no other exception in my output_log.txt.
When I run my build without...
SteamVR build issue
- ARcore + ZXing for barcode scanning Hello everyone.
I am using ARCore for the first time for a project.
I'm trying to scan a QR code and make an object appear next to it (to test positioning) and stay at this position even if I move away. QR code is scanning well using the ZXing library, and the object is appearing and staying.
However, if I scan the QR code from a close distance, the object will appear next to it but not at the exact same location every time. If I scan it from a far distance, the object will appear very far...
ARcore + ZXing for barcode scanning