- High Definition Rendering Pipeline support for Oculus/HTC Vive Hi, I know HDRP is not supported yet and that it is going to be supported at some point, but is there any specific roadmap or access to alpha? I am planning a 360 production that would use it, if I knew it will be available in, say, 6 months.
- OpenVR/Vive: Compositor.WaitGetPoses() blocking rendering for 11ms I'm trying to display my own Left/Right RenderTextures into the Vive using OpenVR's Compositor.Submit(). This method requires Compositor.WaitGetPoses() to be called first. However, this is a blocking call and for some reason it takes 11ms to complete on my machine. Which causes my fps to drop by half and adds a very unpleasant judder. I already run all this in a couple coroutines. Any idea of the right way to do this?
- Vive controllers stop passing input when starting trackers I have a problem maybe some you have experienced this and can advise? Using vive on 2018.1.. I have setup some functions on the controllers triggers & touchpad which are working fine, until I start another vive tracker (v2_2018) running, at which point the vive controllers stop passing input to the pc from the triggers / touchpads.. The device index's seem correct and so I can't see what I'm doing wrong, any help much appreciated!
- UnityPluginLoad not called in native plugin In my native plugin, I created the UnityPluginLoad / UnityPluginUnload function as what described in https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/NativePluginInterface.html . However, I can't make the
UnityPluginLoad() be called when using the plugin, although my own functions could be called from Unity C# script without any problem.
In the C++ code, the UnityPluginLoad function is declared in the same way as the documentation:#include "IUnityInterface.h"
extern "C" void...
UnityPluginLoad not called in native plugin
- I wonder if project MARS will include any WebAR capabilities. Thoughts? I think WebAR will make AR more accessible to people just wondering if Unity is thinking about this. Of course it has massive challenges but just interested in what the future holds for Unity / AR.
- How to disable rotation tracking (InputTracking) Hi,
I'm developing a game for Daydream headsets. I need to control the rotation of the camera with my code but the Daydream SDK overrides it.
According to the documentation (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/XR.InputTracking.html), it's only possible to disable the position tracking.
Is there a way to also disable the rotation tracking ?
- Problem when building for Android Hi. I ran into a weird problem that prevents me from building for android. This error appears when building: View attachment 292070 The console says this: CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed. C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_131\bin\...
- Oculus Go app crashes when opening after a “forced” close (Socket Bind failed error 98) Hi,
I'm having an issue with my Oculus Go app, the app by itself works well, but issues come when I try to reopen it after a forced close:
In my code I have some
calls that work great, but on Oculus Go you can push the Oculus button on the controller and then click to close the app (some kind of equivalent to Android's tasks button), and when I quit the app using this method and then open the app, the logo doesn't even show up and it crashes, then the only...
Oculus Go app crashes when opening after a "forced" close (Socket Bind failed error 98)
- ARkit 2 memory usage is too large Hey, App crashed with arkit 2 in iOS 12. Every time when I am using ar section its increase memory. Thaks.
- VR COMPATIBLE MEANS both Single Pass and Multipass Mode. So today I have been going through at least $1,500 in Assets (All VR Compatible). 98% of them do NOT work in Single Pass Mode. This of course causes issues when you must use a Single Pass VR tool, Because you are cut off from a huge portion of your too...
- Can I reset/recenter pose of TrackedPoseDriver ? Hi, Depend on HelloAR example. I can get the device movement by TrackedPoseDriver transform information. Is there any way to reset the pose with TrackedPoseDriver? Thanks
- Five Tips for VR/AR Device-independent Unity Projects It’s wonderful to see the variety of new virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies, devices, toolkits, and platforms that are continuously emerging. But, for developers, such variation becomes a nightmarish tangle of software, featur...
- DreamWorld AR The DreamGlass is now shipping. We are committed to answering your questions and listening to your ideas. Please post if you would like to start a discussion, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Ground plane is very unreliable I tried to use Ground plane according to the guide, but tracking quality is very poor: object doesn't stay correctly on the surface of the ground but some random distance into the air, they don't stay in place but move all over the place, sometimes they just slide out of view.
The camera also out of focus most of the time.
All of this does not happen in ARCore demo. I thought Vuforia use ARCore for ground plane?
Galaxy S7 Edge
- Unity-ARKit-Plugin Step by Step Unity-ARKit-Plugin Step by Step 1. Read up on ARKit and how it works at a high level (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/arkit/understanding_augmented_reality). This plugin provides the scripting API which corresponds to the ARKit native interf...